Welcome to the Help Desk
24-hour access to answers to your questions... Don't know
where to look? Use the search feature at the top right or try a
News & Alerts
Back up your files!
- Clean up your hard drive by deleting old files and
uninstalling applications you no longer need to use. This
saves space and the laptop might boot faster.
- Beware of "phishing" attempts, which often use
official-looking e-mail messages to try and obtain your
account password or other personal and confidential
- Configure your computer to run as a general user, not as
- Configure your mail client not to preview attachments or
- Install the Microsoft updates that come out monthly.
- Run/update Microsoft's anti-spyware software available at
the Microsoft website.
- Students: You can apply for a Resnet static IP address
and firewall change (for running a web server) on-line.
- Writing your thesis? Templates
are available for LaTeX and Word.